$1000 PRICE HIKE OF TESLA'S SELF-DRIVING CARS
Tesla founder Elon Musk recently tweeted that the price of the “Full Self-Driving” option of Tesla’s Cars will cost buyers more with a $1000 hike.
On 18th May Tesla Founder tweeted that Tesla is raising the cost of its "full self-driving" option on its electric vehicles globally starting with a $1,000 hike and "will continue to rise" as its technology improves. But the entrepreneur stated the technology it's including will be worth more than $100,000.
If owners decide not to purchase "full self-driving" FSD, all Tesla’s get Autopilot, which includes adaptive cruise and Autosteer lane-centering capability.
- Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your car to that of the surrounding traffic.
- Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane and uses traffic-aware cruise control.
Tesla's "full self-driving" (FSD) option has a number of features including automatic lane changes, parallel parking and a summon feature, which automatically parks and retrieves the car. Its upcoming features include automatic traffic light and stop sign control which according to Mr. Musk will be worth excess of $100,000. The self-driving option will cost $8,000 when the price rise kicks in on 1 July.
Tesla was investigated by regulators in the US after a driver was killed while using Autopilot in 2018. However, the investigation discovered the driver was playing a video game on his smartphone at the time of the crash.
Full Self-Driving Capability
- Navigate on Autopilot (Beta): Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal, and taking the correct exit.
- Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged.
- Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch.
- Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key.
- Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come to find you in a parking lot.
- Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision.
- Upcoming: Autosteer on city streets.